Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Menu Planning Made Easy

Planning is the key to everything running smoothly. Not only does it save time, but it saves money. I’ve tried many different ways to plan our menus and shopping. This is what I have come up with for the time being.


IMG_0680-1
I used a piece of cardstock; printed 20 of our most common meals along with the needed ingredients. They are a little smaller than business card size. This way when I choose what we will have for the week I can look at the ingredients and see what I need for my shopping list.
IMG_0628

Using  another piece of cardstock, I printed the days of the week and cut them in two strips and  laminated them with packing tape. I taped them to another piece of cardstock to make two pockets.

Now I just pull out which I meals I want for which day, make my shopping list and then I’m done. Because we have 4 cooks in our house, this helps a lot to help everyone be on the same page. This system is also good if I want to swap meals  midweek because I am in the mood for something planned on a different day, I can just swap cards. In the bottom, right hand corner I keep the extra menu cards. This is clipped to the refrigerator.

The important thing is to
PLAN YOUR WORK,
and then
WORK YOUR PLAN!

~ by Kathy Brodock: Teaching Good Things Blogspot 

No comments: