Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Removing Paint from Clothing

I had been looking for a Carhardt jacket for Christmas this year and could not find a good price. Even the used Carhardts on eBay were way more than I wanted to spend. I have been searching the thrift shops for the past 6 months for one, until the other day.

I was in the Salvation Army store near my home and I found a black Carhardt jacket with a hood for $24.99. It was in very good condition, except for some paint dribbles. I decided to ask the cashier if she would give me a discount, since the paint was on the jacket and I wasn't certain if I'd be able to remove it. She marked the jacket down to $9.99.

I got the jacket home and learned on the internet that rubbing alcohol will take paint out. I used a Qtip moistened with the alcohol and went rub, rub, rub, but it didn't work. I then got a pair of my sharpest scissors and scraped the paint. I found that by using the tip of the blade, the paint all came off.

It goes to show that good things come to those who wait...and aren't afraid to use some elbow grease!

No comments: