Friday, May 14, 2010

A Well-Stocked Pantry

I found a beautiful site this morning, and one page was devoted to the well-stocked pantry.

One of the blessings of having a full pantry is that I never have to run to the store to make dinner. There is always something on hand. I can buy things when they're on sale, and when I go to make dinner, I can choose by what I feel like making in the time I have. Variety is truly the spice of life; have a good variety of things on your shelf from which to choose.

 The canned goods in the pictures below were bought when they went on case-lot sale, ensuring that I'll never have to pay for these items at full-price. You can frugally build up a food storage, saving money while building up a storage at the same time.

 Canning what you grow in your own garden is another way to frugally build your storage.

The other blessing of storing food is that we have food. Despite 8 months of no income in 2007, and not enough to buy food most months from January 2007 to January of 2009, we have had food to eat because I filled the pantry. Here's how we have done it and more of our story.

~Excerpt from Prudent Homemaker.com

If you've already read my book and want to continue to work on your pantry, this site is a must!

No comments: