Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Too Conservative?


Over the years I’ve gotten used to my ideas of traditional womanhood and godly femininity being called “too conservative,” but, even so, I’ve sometimes wondered if friends and family were right: I just needed to loosen up.

After all, going to extremes can be dangerous, and being too conservative is no better than going to the other extreme and being too liberal, right? At least, that’s what I was beginning to wonder after being repeatedly told so all along.

But the other day, a conversation with a friend called me back to a truth I had forgotten: It’s better to be more conservative, because you can always loosen up if you’ve been too narrow in your thinking, but going too far in the other direction is dangerous, because it can be incredibly hard to “hike back” and reclaim lost ground. (Read more)

No comments: