Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Canned Chicken

The blogger didn't shoot this using the best method, but all the information is there. There are a few other things I'd like to add:

1. Don't ever attempt to use a canner on a glass-top stove. I have heard that they will shatter.
2. If you have a large family, you'll want to use quart jars. In the meals I have prepared, it takes two quart jars to make the dish I prepare for 7 adults; that's about 6 boneless chicken breasts.) If you were making a casserole that didn't require as much meat, then one quart jar would be appropriate.
3. You can season and partially stir fry your chicken before placing it into the jar. I like to use Italian dressing as a marinade, and it has worked fine for canned chicken.
4. Always make sure you wipe the canning jar thread prior to attaching the lid. Since meat can be a little messy, a soiled thread can prevent your jar from sealing.


(YouTube link)

No comments: