Thursday, April 7, 2011

Extreme Couponing: Some Useful Tips

Last night there was an Extreme Couponing marathon on TLC, so I decided to watch a few episodes. I saw a few different types of people: the organized hoarder, displaced shopaholics, and serious savers. I think I can associate myself as a serious saver. The only shopping plan I found useful was the woman who did a one month meal plan, and wrote down a shopping list. Between her once-a-month shopping trips, she would clip coupons based on her shopping list. The others were shopping just to accumulate, and they still didn't have anything useful to eat. They made my head hurt!

There was a useful tip I was able to get from the program, and it was where they are locating this massive number of coupons. There was the dumpster diver who would check out the local paper recycling bin for the Sunday paper coupon insert.

Then there are sites that classify themselves as a "Coupon Database." If you Google "coupon database," it will bring up several sites who have direct links to coupon sites, such as Krazycouponlady. Follow their link and you should be able to find some useful saving sites. I'm willing to give it a try.

No comments: