My family has been having home church with two Chinese families. During this time, we have a potluck fellowship meal. One of the men, Long, is an excellent cook. This is his recipe for BBQ Chicken.
5lbs chicken thighs
Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce (Found at WalMart)
1 Large onions
- After you wash the chicken thighs, put them in hot water with some salt. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover two cookie sheets with aluminum foil, and put a liberal amount vegetable oil on each pan. Place onion slices on the oil, then place your skinned chicken thighs on the onion. With the oven preheated at 500 degrees, cook for 10 minutes.
- Brush on Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce, a dab of honey, and a small drizzle of soy sauce on each piece of chicken. Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Pull chicken out of oven and turn over each piece. Brush each piece with Teriyaki sauce. Season with pepper. Return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Begin to watch the chicken. It only needs about 5 more minutes. Once it begins to get dark, it's done.