- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces or slices
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place cubed potatoes on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Turn them over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. When ready, they should be lightly browned.
- In a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Serves: 4
This adapted delicious recipe is from Taste of Home.