Whether they realize it or not, the vast majority of Christian women have bought into this “new” way of thinking. In the home, the church, and the marketplace, they have adopted the values and belief system of the world around them. The world promises freedom and fulfillment to those who embrace its philosophy. But sadly, millions of women who have done so have ended up disillusioned, wounded, and in terrible
For more than 20 years, I have listened to the heart cries of these women:
• women who are exhausted from trying to juggle the demands of job and family
• women who are desperately lonely
• women who feel trapped in unhappy marriages
• women who battle a pervasive sense of hopelessness and despair
• women who live under a crushing load of guilt and failure
• women who are struggling to find a sense of purpose in the midst of the “daily-ness” of life
• women who have never known what it is to have whole relationships built on mutual love and commitment
• women who live with crippling fears and chronic anxiety
I find that many women have given up hope that they can ever be released from their emotional and spiritual prisons. But over and over again, I have seen a light kindled in their eyes when they discover that the “abundant life” God promised truly can be a reality, regardless of their circumstances. The purpose of this booklet is to help us discover the path to that abundant life and to examine our lives in light of God’s design
~This is an excerpt from the introduction of Nancy Leigh Demoss's book.
To read the book in full, go here.