The directions he provides are slightly different than my manual, but he does a good job on the details. I'll provide my manual instructions. I'm sure it works both ways.
- Discard any broken or discolored beans.
- Place dry beans in a large pot and cover with water. Soak for 12 hours in a cool place. Then drain.
- Rinse and cover beans with clean water. Bring beans up to a boil for 2 minutes, then drain most of the water off.
- Spoon beans with a slotted spoon into the jars, along with a 1/2 tsp of canning salt. Leave a 1 3/4" bean head space.
- Cover with boiling water and leave a 1" water head space.
- Process at 10 pounds of pressure. Pints for 75 minutes, and Quarts for 90 minutes.
- Follow your canners heat up and cool down procedures. Once they are cool, allow them to remain on your counter for several hours until cool.