3 cups rice
4 Tbsp butter
1 large onion (chopped)
3 large eggs (scrambled)
1 cup frozen peas (or peas and carrots)
1lb ground cooked chicken
Kikkoman soy sauce
salt, pepper, garlic powder (to taste)
Putting it together
- Start cooking the rice, according to package directions. Cook your chicken in a separate pan.
- While rice is cooking, chop onion and add to the skillet with melted butter. Cook over medium-high heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir occasionally until browned, then add peas and allow them to cook a couple of minutes.
- When onions are cooked through, add scrambled eggs along side of your onions and peas. Once the eggs are done, stir them together.
- When the rice is done, add to the onion mixture. Coat the combined mixture well with soy sauce and mix well. Turn heat up to high and fry the rice for about 3 minutes - stirring frequently.
- Taste test. If it doesn't have taste, add more soy sauce and salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Remove from heat and serve as main dish. Serves 8. Cut the recipe in half for a smaller family.
- You can serve this with egg drop soup or egg rolls.
- Use genuine soy sauce. Kikkoman soy sauce is not artificial. It has a sweet flavor and adds to the taste of the finished dish.
- It isn't necessary to have chicken in this dish. It tastes pretty good as a vegetarian dish.
- After you put your initial coat of soy sauce on the rice, be sure to taste it. The more soy sauce you add, the better the taste. Your rice should be slightly darkened by what you have added.